The current weather forecast is showing that we should be able to keep melting away at the snow for the rest of the week. Then, a big warmup is looking likely for next week. Starting Monday, we could see a prolonged string of 60s for the rest of April! Am I an expert? No. Do I know for sure that we’ll be wearing shorts next week? No. Did I look at forecasts from WCCO, KSTP, the Weather Channel, and the National Weather Service? Yes. While staying cautious, it does look like we could be transitioning to full outdoor practices by next week.

Before we start, here is a message from our Activities Director, Rick Gossen:

“Spring Sports Update…..The Spring seasons are having a tough time gaining any traction!  I can tell you that the CMC Activities Directors will be meeting on Monday, April 23rd to discuss softball, baseball, golf and track schedules.  There is a good chance that softball and baseball will be playing 5 inning double headers which might allow for some non-conference games, but……we need to understand that all the other conferences are also determining what their course of action will be to get conference games in first!  In terms of track…..it is a waiting game.  As soon as the tracks are free of snow we can hopefully get some running events starting!  We are optimistic about our JH meet on April 24th.  Hopefully our first varsity track meet will be in Maple Lake on Monday, April 23rd.  Now for golf……I have no words……we need nicer weather!  Stay tuned!”

I’m a little more optimistic than Gossen about games and meets getting going. As long as we keep melting and the frost in the ground keeps rising, we should be outside in no time. Fingers crossed! Remember that once games start, schedules are going to be crazy for a while.

Also, don’t forget the to vote Adam Jaeger for Powerade Athlete of the Year! Vote HERE.

Written By Cody Lenarz